Friday, February 14, 2014

Real Time Showcase

The project is in its infancy. The visual showcase of the CB750 was completed on January 1st. The purpose of the showcase was a proof of concept. I wanted to know if it was possible to get an extremely detailed model of a vintage motorcycle running, with animations and complex shaders, in UDK.

I posted the video on reddit and found that there was a large number of people that were excited to see this high level of detail. Because of those reactions, I decided to go ahead an commit all of my effort into continuing this project. The scope of the full title is ambitious and will take a lot of work and help from others to complete. The demo's purpose is to reach out to the entire gaming community and find its audience. Motorcycle enthusiasts can already see the potential of a vintage motorcycle racing game. My current task is to prove to everyone else, that it will be a unforgettable gaming experience.